Twin Islands Guided Kayaking Tour
Swim & Kayak Through Sea Turtle Feeding Grounds
5 hour Tour
Twin Islands Guided Kayak Tour (5 Hours):
A professionally trained kayak guide greets the customers when they arrive at Kailua Beach Adventures. After a welcome briefing in the Eco Lounge, the paddlers walk to Kailua Beach Park where they will begin and end their kayaking tour.
It’s off to the Mokulua Islands for an unforgettable experience on the famed “Twin Islands”. Paddlers will head out approximately 3/4 mile offshore to Moku Nui (the larger of the two Mokulua islands) where they will land on the sandy beach of the protected bird sanctuary. The guide will take everyone on an exploration of the island, including a secret tide pool, called “Queens Bath”, if conditions allow. Many species of ocean creatures may be seen on this nature walk, including but not limited to Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, Wedge-Tailed Shearwaters and Hawaiian Rock crabs. On lucky days, Humpback Whales or even the endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal are also spotted! Hungry appetites are rewarded with picnic lunches including a gourmet deli sandwich, tropical juice, chips, and granola bars. Next is a chance at a snorkeling session in the underwater lava formations at Moku Nui beach before kayaking back to Kailua Beach Park.
- Beginners (adventure minded and physically able) to Experienced.
- Minimum age 13 years.
- Ages 13-16 must ride in a double kayak with a parent or guardian.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All Participants must be able to swim. No exceptions.
- All Kayak gear needed
- Knowledgeable, experienced tour guide
- Snorkel, mask and fins
- Large water-tight dry bag for personal belongings
- Freshly prepared picnic lunch (meat or vegetarian), tropical fruit juice or bottled water, fresh fruit, granola bar
- Transportation to and from Waikiki
What To Bring:
- Reef walkers or athletic shoes
- Beach wear
- Waterproof Camera / GoPro